SAUCY LUKES CRAFT BBQ PRESENTS
SMOKE ON THE WATER RIB COMPETITON
SATURDAY NOV. 21, 2020
6:00 Check in/ Site Set Up
7:00 Cooks Meeting/Rib Distribution
1:30 Cooking Ends/Turn In 1:40
Turn in time expires/Judging begins/Awards to follow
$130 PER TEAM INCLUDES 2 WRISTBANDS TO EVENT, 12X20 TENT SPACE, 4 ST LOUIS STYLE RIBS. AND ENTRY TO THE COMPETITION
1st: Cash TBD* and THE BELT!
2nd: Cash TBD* and Trophy
3rd: Cash TBD* and Trophy
(*Cash amounts are subject to change depending on how many competitors we will have, we will let the field know the Prize amounts after the deadline is passed)
Deadline to Sign up is November 8th at 8pm
1. Entries will be judges by a panel of 3 judges
2. Scores will be based on Appearance, Tenderness/Texture, and Taste.
3. The scoring system is 10 (Excellent) to 2 (Bad) any whole number between 9 and 2 can be used to score.
4. The team with the highest overall number will be awarded 1st, 2nd place and 3rd place will be awarded with the second and third highest score respectively
Rib Competition Rules
1. Each team may consist of one Chief Cook and up to 4 assistants.
2. Each team is to provide a grill/cooker that will be used exclusively by that team. Wood, Charcoal, gas/propane and electric pellet smoker type BBQs are all allowed. Contestants may not dig pits and fires are not allowed on the ground.
3. NO OUTSIDE ALCOHOLIC BEVERAGES CAN BE BROUGHT IN TO COMPETITION TENTS. We will have special pricing on buckets of beer.
4. A 12x20 space will be assigned to each team (you should have as much space as you need)
5. Each team is responsible to provide ALL of their own supplies; including pop up tent, tables, chairs, knives, cutting boards, tongs, paper towels and water.
6. If you need electricity please bring your own generator.
7. 4 St Louis Style Racks of ribs will be provided at the cooks meeting at 7am
8. Cooking may begin immediately following the cooks meeting.
9. Only the provided ribs are to be cooked during the competition.
10. Ribs must be cooked and seasoned on site within the confines of your teams assigned cooking space. 11. Each team will place 4 individually cut ribs in your turn in box. The “Turn In” box will be provided by event staff.
12. No Garnish, OR PARSLEY, side sauce containers or any other foreign object such as foil or skewers are allowed in the “Turn In” box. Failure to comply with this rule will result in disqualification. RIBS ONLY IN THE BOX. Don’t get disqualified for this, ive seen it happen. Ribs only in box.
13. You are expected to cook all four racks. The comp is designed so the guests to the festival can walk around and try some competition ribs. So FREE SAMPLES TO THE CROWD is expected and encouraged, however no selling of food of any kind during the event
14. No pets or animals allowed in cooking area
15. Teams, participants and contestants in the competition are responsible for cleanup of their area immediately following the contest.
16. I will supply a three-compartment sink to wash stuff. And it will be available for all teams
17. YOU ARE RESPONSIBLE FOR TAKING OUT YOUR OWN TRASH.
THIS COOK OFF IS ALL ABOUT HAVING A GOOD TIME. ENGAGE WITH YOUR FELLOW COMPETITORS, TALK SOME FRIENDLY SHIT. HAVE FUN!!!!
We cannot think of every little detail, but we try to make your contest experience as enjoyable and as fair as possible. Without your participation, we have no event. GOOD LUCK!! Smoke em if you got em!!!
If you have any questions email me or call me direct 623-777-5814x9